Sunday, October 6, 2013

One Fine Day

Today was one of those days that I want to remember. Several times I found myself thinking, "today is perfect". Our lives are not without trials and this has without a doubt been one of the hardest years of my life. It has been a while since I felt peace and genuine happiness, but that happened today. Nothing extraordinary or exciting happened. Jordan and I had some friends over for breakfast and to watch the first session of conference. Then the rest of our day included the second session, baking, putting together a puzzle, going on a long drive, watching a couple of movies, and honestly loving each others' company. We ended the night with a great visit with some close friends. Our days are so incredibly full lately and it is so nice to slow down and enjoy each moment. I am guilty of spending a lot of time dreaming of the next phase of life when we will have a baby and Jordan will be done with school. I often forget how blessed we are to be where we're at. I know I will miss this.

No comments:

Post a Comment