WEEK 25
| Sorry for the poor Instagram quality. |
What is new this week?
Jordan is in the process of remodeling the walls in what will be our baby's nursery. It already looks SO much better and it is getting more and more real every day that it will be our little boy's room before we know it!
How big is the baby?
According to one of my apps, he is about 13.5 inches long and weighs 1.5 lbs! Pretty remarkable if you ask me. I remember being so excited when he was as big as a blueberry. I was laying in the bathtub one day and I was holding a large shampoo bottle...and I had this horrifying thought that some day he would be as big as that shampoo bottle. Haha! Obviously I knew he will get much bigger than that, but at the time it really freaked me out that something could grow that large inside my stomach. Well, he's just about that big now and shows no signs of slowing down any time soon. :)
Weight gain?
Though I will never give the poundage on here, I will say that I'm not worried about not gaining enough weight. Though I know it is for a beautiful reason, it is really weird to step on a scale and see a number significantly higher than I've ever weighed before.
Maternity clothes?
I bought one pair of maternity work pants when I was like 17 weeks, and to be honest I pretty much live in them. Those and the few maxi skirts that I have. I really need to go buy some more pants and a few shirts.
Sleep?
I have been pretty lucky in this department and I am still sleeping through the night. It is getting harder to try to stay on my left side all night...I wake up as stiff and sore as an 80 year old. And sometimes I'll wake up on my back and my feet will be numb...no bueno! The other night Jordan had to get up to go to the bathroom, and when he saw that I was asleep on my back, he gently rolled me to my left side and tucked a blanket behind my back so I wouldn't roll back over. Sweetest thing ever.
Best moment of the week?
This last week I had the opportunity to hold TWO sweet babies for a long time. And I get to hold a new one tomorrow! I'm glad that I have friends with little ones and that they let me love on them. :) I am so overwhelmed with excitement to hold my own bundle in a little over 3 months.
Food Cravings/Aversions:
Throughout most of my pregnancy I would say I've definitely had more aversions than cravings. I've only had one weird craving so far and that was honey nut cheerios on vanilla ice cream...it was divine! I honestly crave sweets all. the. time. It's bad. I try to to find substitutes for unhealthy sweets so my kid doesn't come out diabetic. :/
Movement:
I LOVE FEELING HIM MOVE! It really is so much fun and it has made this pregnancy finally seem real. I kind of get used to it, but every once in a while it will dawn on me again that I literally have a little human friend inside of me. I get butterflies when he does a big movement. His kicks and jabs don't hurt yet so I am just loving it all. :)
What I miss:
Wearing more than one pair of pants. And Lagoon. I've wanted to go to Lagoon SO bad this week and I get a little sad when I realize that I won't ride a single roller coaster this summer.
Anything making you queazy or sick?
Nope. I feel a little guilty admitting that when I know so many women who had it ROUGH. I thank my lucky stars every day that I haven't been too sick this pregnancy.
Labor Signs:
I started having Braxton Hicks contractions a week or two ago. For several days there I was having a TON. It freaked me out a little bit but my midwife calmed my fears about it at my appointment. I just need to drink more water and RELAX.
Overall Mood:
I definitely have my cranky and sensitive days where I snap a little quicker than I used to, but overall I am so happy. Love my life and love my little family.
What I'm looking forward to:
Finishing the walls in the nursery so we can refinish our crib and start shopping and decorating!
Also, hiccuping. I can't wait to feel him hiccup.
.....
And here are some random pictures from Mother's Day. Jordan really spoiled me. I do not deserve him.
![]() |
| A few of my very favorite things |
![]() |
| Amazing homemade buttermilk pancakes in bed |
| 3.5 generations. :) So glad to have had these ladies down for Mother's day! |
It has been a fantastic few weeks here and we can tell time is only speeding up! We are doing our best to soak up these last few months as a family of 2. :)


I'm so excited for you! Let me know if you need any maternity clothes- I'm looking to offload some and I'll be in your area this Thursday!
ReplyDeleteI could definitely look through them! I work at 1:00, so if you happen to be around before then than let me know. If not, you could also leave them at my house and I could take the ones I don't use to the DI for you? Whatever is easiest! Sorry I'm just responding.
Delete