Thursday, May 21, 2015

Six Months





Hey my sweet boy! My heart is so sad that you are now closer to being 1 than you are to being a newborn. I absolutely love watching you grow up and learn new things, but it is hard to admit that you will never be this little again. 

At your 6 month appointment you had dropped in weight percentile and are now under 1% for weight. The doctor was a little worried about the drop so I am increasing your feedings and doing everything possible to help you gain weight. I nurse you a lot more often and feed you two solid feedings a day. Needless to say, this has made me feel terrible but I'm trying not to think it is a reflection of my mothering skills. You are generally very healthy and in many cases, developmentally ahead of other babies your age. You are meeting all of the milestones that are to be expected at your age and you are very strong. You are just an active, skinny little boy.

Speaking of being active, you can roll all over the place now! You love to roll all the way across the room and when you get to the wall you will kick your feet up on the wall til you are practically doing a headstand. I love watching you go after your toys.

At the beginning of February we took you on our first big family vacation together! We flew to California for a week of fun with the Brunsons. I am writing a separate post all about the trip. 

Because of a big measles outbreak at Disneyland, we had to cancel that part of our trip. I was still so nervous to have you at the airport and other public places in California, and I did my best to keep your carseat covered and used LOTS of hand sanitizer. It was nerve-wracking when we came home to watch you day by day and pray that we didn't see any signs of the Measles. So when you developed a rash and a bad fever a few weeks after returning home, dad and I immediately left church and took you to the doctor. We were so relieved that it ended up being Roseola and not the Measles. It was your first big sickness and it was so sad. :( I hated seeing you uncomfortable with a fever, but I didn't mind cuddling you more than I usually get to. I am glad that it only lasted a few days and now you are healthy and happy as ever. :)

You seriously bring joy to everyone you meet. Thank you for being the light of our lives.

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment