People who spend a great deal of time with Jordan and I know something about us....we bicker. A lot. In high school, our friends would tell us that we fought like an old married couple. That was before we'd even been on a serious date with each other. I don't know what it is about the kid, but it's like I was irresistibly drawn to him since day one...but since day one we have teased, picked on, and butted heads with each other like a brother and sister. And do we have real fights too? You betcha! Things said in anger, tears, hurt feelings...we've experienced it all! But do I think we are any worse off than the couples who claim to have never had a fight in their marriage? Not at all. With each disagreement we've had, we've learned important things about each other. What to say, what not to say. What not to assume. We've learned about weaknesses that we both have that we weren't aware of before getting married. But we've also learned about our strengths. And seeing us overcome one hurdle after another has strengthened our relationship and my belief in the atonement of Jesus Christ. I know we were given strengths and weaknesses for a reason. But our weaknesses never ever have to be permanent, because change is ALWAYS possible if we turn to the Lord and sincerely seek for help. I love Jordan so much and everything about our relationship. I love that he teases me relentlessly. I love that he is quick to forgive and forget. I love that he is patient with me when I have my ball-my-eyes-out nights. Not only patient with me, but holds me and tells me that I am wonderful and beautiful. I love that for fun last night, we got ice cream cones and sat outside of Macey's on a bistro set and people watched for an hour. I love that we never go to bed without telling one another why we love them. We have been married almost a year now! It is insane how fast it is going. I want to stay newlyweds forever. They say the first year is the hardest, and I'd be lying if I said it has all been easy breezy...but if this is the hardest, than we are in for one amazing life together. :) I love being married!
![]() |
| Jordan LOVES this pictures. He says it defines our relationship. Me being a thug and him looking at me like I'm crazy. |
The following song and video has always brought a smile to my face. :) My life is fun.


I love this. I love that you are now a blogger. And I love you. That's all!!
ReplyDeleteOh Holly, you are just so cute! I really loved reading this post. I have had all of those feelings about my marriage as well. Brandon and I have been married for eight years now and every year seems to bring its own brand of difficulties but the hard times have made us a stronger closer couple. The challenge is learning to lean on each other. We pick on each other too and it throws people sometimes but the the truth is we have so much fun together. We can be having a serious fight one minute and the next minute laughing with tears in our eyes. I feel like the challenges are what makes great marriages strong and ultimately what can make you grow closer if you're open to it.
ReplyDelete