Thursday, September 6, 2012

I'm Back!

It has recently been brought to my attention that there are a few people who actually read my blog. It is flattering and made me feel guilty that I have abandoned it for most of the summer. We are still doing great over here. We had a great summer. I feel as though I should say it flew by way too fast...which is true to some extent...but honestly I feel like we got to do a lot of wonderful things in the months since the spring semester ended. (Jordan will roll his eyes when he reads this and say my positive attitude is only due to the fact that I didn't start school on August 27th). Haa! Something strange happened in the Universe and I am bizarrely excited for the fall to get here. I was complaining of the heat most of the summer, which is NOT like me. I have HATED the cold my entire life and have said I'd rather die by fire than by freezing to death (yes I realize how dramatic that is), and that I hate the fall due to the fact that it means winter is coming. But my body no longer loves the extreme heat and I am welcoming these cooler nights with open arms and a smile on my face. :) I LOVE THE FALL! (It's amazing what a change of perspective being out of school can give a person too). I also have a new obsession with Halloween. It's never been one of my favorite holidays but I am counting down the days til we can carve punkins and decorate our porch and shop for something funny to make Perri wear. I hope we can go to a haunted house this year. Okay I didn't plan to give that spill about the fall and Halloween...but there ya go.

Yes Jordan started school and he is now in his Paramedic program! Yay! I am so proud of him for making it in on his first attempt and know that he is going to rock it. They have already had 3 tests and have another on Monday. It's pretty intense. We expected him to be there Monday thru Thursday every week and be done around 4 or 5. But some days he will show up and they'll tell the class that they will have class that Friday or that some days they will stay there til 8 o'clock at night. Yikes! So needless to say he isn't really going to be working at all for the next 2 semesters (except for like 2 hours on Fridays). So basically what I'm saying is we're going to be really living like poor college students now! We did not appreciate enough how well we were doing financially in the last year. It will be a learning experience for us to try to live off of just my income. :) 

Speaking of my income...I am still working at the Willey. I wanted to quit earlier this year and then something crazy happened and I really started to enjoy my job. The people I work with these days are very positive and fun people. It's a different environment than it was when I wanted to quit so bad. The job itself still has its poopy days. Like Monday for example. Monday was awful. I still think I'll be quitting sooner than later. I just need to finish my resume and actually start applying! What I am looking for is something Monday-Friday where I can have nights and weekends off. Something like a medical receptionist sounds wonderful to me. (Let me know if you have any referrals!) My number one reason for wanting a job with no weekends is so that I can get more serious about starting my videography business. It's sort of impossible to start it when I work every. single. Saturday. (In case you don't know, Saturdays are big days for wedding videographers, my dream job.)  We have gotten really excited recently to get my business going. It will still be a slow process now that we're back in our (Jordan's) school routine, but we were able to make some progress and some really exciting purchases this summer. I bought one of these bad boys:




For those of you who don't know, that is a glidecam. It is an incredible invention that allows you to balance your camera on it, which eliminates any shaking or movement when you are recording. It is incredibly difficult to get used to and has caused a lot of frustration in our home (to say the least)...but we will get it down and soon it will pay for itself. :) Right now I am just doing weddings for cheap or free to get experience and build up my portfolio. I have a lot to learn still but I have so much fun and know that this is what I want to do!

Well in other news...we get to give a sacrament talk this Sunday. Our ward is GINORMOUS so I'm not really excited...but I guess I am thankful for the opportunity. And yes the reason I finally got around to blogging was due to the fact that I am procrastinating (taking a break from) writing that talk. So I better get back to that now. Ciao! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Jordan being in the program! AND DOUBLE YAY FOR YOU NOT GOING TO SCHOOL!! I'm still really confused at how you want fall.. You're always freezing.. Maybe you'll change your mind once it's actually here? Haha

    ReplyDelete