On the following friday we celebrated with some of our close friends. A small group met together and swam at Deer Creek for a little while. Then we met with some more friends at our house and had a BBQ and projected a movie (Wreck It Ralph) in our backyard. We brought out a love seat, camp chairs, and a ton of blankets and pillows. It was awesome! Seriously the perfect summer evening.
For dinner we had coconut shrimp tacos with black beans, homemade fruit salsa, and jasmine rice. Everything tasted so summery and delicious.
Our first time cooking shrimp together. It was so tasty!
Mmm...I wish we had more.
I can never get enough fruit.
This was definitely the most time consuming thing I've ever made. Homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake. It was so delicious but so intense it almost killed us.
Not sure why this is blurry but I had to share it. :)
Stryder pup was cracking me up at the lake.
He was in heaven.
The group of friends that was able to come to the lake.
The Henke Family
It really wasn't that cold. ;)
It took some getting used to, but baby Jackson ended up loving the water.
Family photo op for the Forbes. :)
Jordan's party ended up falling on Shaylin's birthday! So the BBQ ended up sort of turning into a combined birthday for the 2 of them!
We always love having the McKells around :)
I'm sure Emily was telling us a fascinating Harry Potter fact right here. :)
Cute Brunson family :)
More people showed up for the BBQ and I don't have pictures of everyone. But thank you so much to our friends and family who always support us! We had a blast.
No comments:
Post a Comment