Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Four Months





Sweet baby Jace! I am really loving four months. Before I had kids, I always said that my favorite age for babies was right around 4 months old. It is when babies become more social and interactive, but they are still immobile and will happily lay in your lap. Haha well that is the truth, except you already have a surprising amount of energy. I think we are in for a good time with you. I thought we had at least a few more months before church became difficult to sit through, but you are already SO squirmy and energetic. I'm surprised how much willpower and strength a little baby can have. It sure makes me nervous for when you can actually get away from us. :)

At your 4 month appointment, your measurements were just under 13 lbs and 25.5" long. That puts you 5% for weight and 60% for height. We have already experienced the 4 month sleep regression, and it was a doozy. Gladly you are back to only waking up once a night to eat and maybe 1-2 other times in the early morning just because you are squirmy and don't like to be swaddled anymore. We have a few plans to implement this month to hopefully get you out of the swaddle and sleeping better.

This was a BUSY month! A wedding, a ward party, multiple family parties, multiple friend parties...we felt like we were constantly introducing you to large crowds of people. You handled it like a CHAMP though! Seriously, you are quite the social little guy. You are so content in a large group, and love when the attention lands on you. Now that all the holiday excitement is over, I think you are kind of bored being at home with me all day. 

You love your toys and have finally figured out how to grab things. When you do get a hold of what you want, it instantly goes to your mouth. You are still very strong and I feel it won't be long before you're crawling.

I still love taking ridiculous amounts of pictures of you. We dressed you up in your little sailor outfit and had a mini photoshoot. It is impossible to look at these pictures and not feel happy.




We made our very first Christmas card this year! (I didn't actually have them made in time to send out, but a digital version is better than nothing right? Baby steps.) My friend Justin Ahlmann took a few photos for us in our home and I LOVE THEM.


The black and white versions didn't make it to the card, but I love them too so I'm sharing them here.






 Just as everyone promised, the holidays were more fun with a baby. You were obviously too little to comprehend anything, but it was still awesome having you with us. You were definitely the best gift this year. :)


You loved opening gifts. At least, I think you did.




After opening presents at home, we skyped Uncle Josh on his mission in France. Then we went to Heber for brunch with Grandma and Grandpa Lythgoe. After opening a few gifts there, we stopped by Great Grandma and Grandpa Kendall's. Then we drove down the canyon for the party with my family at Uncle Todd's in West Jordan. It was a very busy day, and the giant snowstorm added quite a bit of stress to our travels.


Dad and I (mostly dad) built this fun playhouse for your cousins on my side. It was a lot of work, but it came together nicely and the kids (especially Madi) seemed to love it! We can't wait til you are big enough to play with them.




We sent out 2014 with this adorable photo of you in the onesie I used to tell daddy I was pregnant with you last year on New Years Eve. I am so thankful for this incredible year and the unmeasurable blessings it has brought to my life. 


We love you baby boy.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Fun reading your cute blog. 5% weight, 60% height? I always knew he was long and lean, but geesh! He's going to be taller than both his parents by the time he's 12! ;) He's such a cute little bug. Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos were really well done! The lighting especially was nice- not washed out, nice contrasts... I highly approve. :)

    ReplyDelete