Jace man!
I can't believe 2 months have already come and gone! Actually I can because it seems like an eternity ago that you weren't in our lives. But I can't believe how QUICKLY you are growing. At your 2 month appointment you weighed 10 lbs 15.5 oz. and you were 23.5" long. I swear your looks change every single day. Here are some comparisons to last month just to give an idea.
See the difference? Even your face shape and look has changed. I swear you sprouted these amazing eyelashes overnight. When you were younger we thought you had mommy's face shape with daddy's eyes. And now we think it's the complete opposite! Your head is shaped exactly like daddy's. I also think you have his feet. And we think you have mommy's eyes, lips, and hands. You really do look different from every angle though. We have said you look like uncle Kevin, cousin Derek, cousin Carson, and daddy. Which is strange because all of those people look very different from each other! Whoever you end up looking like, I will always think you are the most beautiful baby in the world. Really truly, I am amazed by you.
Your looks aren't the only things that are changing. You are learning more and more every day! You are no longer the mellow newborn who just lays there. You now follow everything with your eyes and are a lot more interactive. I think any day now you will start reaching for things. You've recently discovered your fists and its the cutest thing. They are always balled up like you are picking a fight with me. You seem to have an affinity for your right hand as it is frequently at your mouth. Your little pointer finger sneaks into your mouth and you just drool and suck on it. I know it's the start to a bad habit, but man it is too adorable to stop from happening. You LOVE talking! As soon as you discovered your voice you were practically yelling at us. You love talking loud and I love to hear your sweet voice. Dad and I love having conversations with you. You will gurgle or say something out loud and we will respond and it can go back and forth for a really long time. You get into it and raise and lower your eyebrows like you really are telling us stuff. Gosh we just love you.
Your favorite thing to do is lay down so you can talk to us and you just kick, kick, kick. I think you're going to be a soccer player like dad and his brothers. Your favorite place in the world, and I mean in the WORLD, is your changing table. I don't know what it is about it. You could be crying up a storm, but almost as soon as we lay you down on your changing table you are back to your happy self and kicking like crazy. I think it's just the perfect height for you to see our faces and carry on a conversation. Maybe you also like being naked? I don't know, but it has now become my favorite place in the house as well.
While I still think you are a very happy baby, you have definitely grown a little feisty! You get fussy a lot more this month and frequently have me on my toes. I'm realizing this parenting business is harder work than I gave it credit for last month! There have been many many nights recently when you have woken up 4+ times a night and you are not napping very well either. You were such a great sleeper up until you were 6 weeks old, so I put off sleep training you. Now we have established some bad habits that we are trying to break so that we can get back to sleeping! Lack of sleep makes everything in life a little more difficult, but I am confident things will be better soon.
We had a VERY busy and full October! The week after going to the Lodge we had your baby blessing. Dad gave you such a beautiful blessing. There were so many people who showed up to meet you and support our family on that very special day. I hope you always know there are so so many people who love you and would do anything for you. Your blessing deserved its own post, so I wrote about it here.

| October was a very big month for your dad. He was invited to interview for two different PA programs! First he traveled to Phoenix to interview at NAU. He was gone for one night; it was the first night that I was home alone with you. It went just fine and you were good for me. He later interviewed at Rocky Mountain University in Provo, and the next day they called to tell him that he'd been accepted! This is such good news for our family. We are still waiting to hear back from several other schools. We are so thankful that he has found something he is truly passionate about and we hope that by doing so, we will always be able to provide a good life for you. |
You will quickly learn that your parents LOVE Halloween! We hope that our love for it will rub off on you, and that you won't protest too loudly when I want to do family themed costumes every year. We have developed a tradition of throwing a friend Halloween party for the past 3 years, and we always have so much fun doing it. This year was fun and you were patient as you were passed around between our friends who wanted to hold you. The last half of the night you just zonked out in my wrap.
We also had a party with the Lythgoe family. We had pizza and homemade root beer and grandma brought sugar cookies for us to frost. Then we watched one of grandpa Lane's favorite halloween movies. It was so cute to see you and your cousins in your little halloween costumes.
xoxo




No comments:
Post a Comment